Floor coverings in modern layout are represented by a number of materials, many of which resemble natural timber in their characteristics. The top position among this chic assortment is taken by tiles imitating laminate. It’s manufactured artificially using organic raw materials. Due to the abundant selection of textures and colors, such flooring look magnificent and stylish, and fit with any style of room design.
Advantages and disadvantages
The huge need for floor tiles beneath laminate is explained not only with their presentable appearance, but also by a range of benefits. Porcelain stoneware is significantly different from conventional ceramics and natural solid wood, so it is frequently employed as the primary component for decorating floors.
Among the positive properties of the material can be distinguished:
- Reliability in 1poshtoram.ru operation. The coating doesn’t wear off and does not lose its allure even after 50 years;
- safety in application. The planks are resistant to high temperature fluctuations, they do not catch fire;
- neutrality to compound influences. The substance is impermeable to water, therefore it is not a favorable spot for the formation of fungus and mold;
- superb thermal insulating material. Such coatings are Acceptable for the system“warm floor“, as they consist of clay, which in high temperature is able to conduct heat ;
aesthetics. In appearance, the tiles aren’t poor to floors made of pure stone or wood.
No matter how ideal this material is, it isn’t devoid of disadvantages.
The primary disadvantages of synthetic laminate can comprise:
- The large cost. The product, which can last over a dozen years is expensive, but in performance, these prices are sure to pay off;
- low rates of sound insulation.
So far, tile below the laminate is produced of two types: ceramic and porcelain stoneware. The first variant of the coating is obtained from the technology of monocottura.
This type of product is distinguished by high strength, resistance to moisture and vapors, well withstands mechanical loads.
In addition, the ceramic flooring is frost-resistant, but its outside coating is subject to wear and tear over the years.
In terms of porcelain stoneware, it is produced from special varieties of mineral and clay impurities, whose composition is similar to that of pure stone. The result is a durable and beautiful finishing material.
The 2 kinds of boards exactly replicate the proportions and dimensions of the floorboard. Rectangular shapes are the most frequent, but occasionally square ones are readily available.