Greenhouse with double-glazed windows is applicable not only in areas with cold weather, but also in other suburban zones for prolonging the time of fruit-bearing of submerged plants or year-round usage.
The advantages of these glazing are undoubted:
- Outstanding thermal insulation will protect crops from early frosts.
- Double glass avoids sunburn over the leaves.
- Tight construction reduces heat loss when heating the greenhouse, and consequently saves electricity.
- Packages won’t suffer with strong winds, hail or rain.
- The service life of glazing with proper treatment is over just a dozen years.
- The decorative look of glazing makes it possible for you to not conceal the greenhouse from the bathtub, and put in it in the front yard. Some owners of original contour greenhouses make them the principal decoration of the yard or backyard.
Moreover, manufacturers offer you double-glazed windows with a set of necessary functions, including special coatings for heat and energy savingprotection against mechanical impacts and reduced temperatures, as well as soundproofing.
System of auto-ventilation of greenhouses.
- Double-glazed windows can be with special vents for ventilation, which can be equipped with devices together with the use of automatic launching. This is extremely convenient, since not always the owners have the chance to ventilate the greenhouse punctually.
- Benefits of glass greenhouse buildings
- Below are merely some of the benefits of glass greenhouses:
- Glass greenhouses have proven more than be long-lasting structures. By way of example, the French have been using only such greenhouses as the late 16th century to the current day. Rest assured: a glass greenhouse will become your servant for decades to come.
- Glass doesn’t keep UV rays, which are crucial for quick plant growth and fruit ripening, thereby letting you take advantage of the energy of sun.
- Should you use laminated or tempered (thermal) glass, this arrangement will withstand the most adverse conditions (precipitation in the shape of large hail, extreme heat and also strong frost masterseptika.ru isn’t going to be any problem with the structure ).
- For greenhouses made of glass is characterized by exceptional insulation. In addition, there is a chance to install heating devices in them.
Naturally, the glass also has disadvantages, which ought to be taken into account when building it. For example, the fact that glass is quite heavy substance (1 m² of glass 4 mm thick weighs 10 kg, and 6 mm – 15 kg), must impact the existence of a good foundation, as well as the building of a solid structure – frame.
How to build a greenhouse from glass yourself
On a bright day, the transparent coating of greenhouses allows short-wave solar radiation. It’s consumed by black surfaces (soil, equipment, plants), turns right into long-wave radiation and remains in the construction. This transformation occurs with the discharge of heat, which produces a greenhouse effect in the greenhouse.
Therefore, glass windows flawlessly let the sun’s rays in the room and almost completely keep the rear radiation, not permitting it to go out. In other words, unlike film, glass is the most heat-saving material, and this is among the primary attributes of a great greenhouse.